Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dubai!

Today was the first day of my travels with Jade and after an emotional farewell from the family (and Jade stuffing more things into my ever expanding back pack) it was off on a jet plane we went. The flight was SWEET Emirates planes are really something else, but then after seeing reclining beds and 20" tvs in the back of the vibrating seats it was through first class and into economy we went...Confined bliss! Before the flight I was anxious as to whether or not the films would be decent enough to keep me happy or whether I wold be forced to read the emergency landing flyer repeatedly....happy to report that I was not disappointed. Despite the vast amount of recent and blockbuester movies Jade decided that she was going to watch Pocahontas (LAME) and I chose The Dark Knight Rises (Bad Ass) Unfortunately for me it took the whole 7 hour flight to get to the end of a 2 and a quater hour movie, after Jade had cried her way through the ending of her film she then persued a stop start relationship with the land of nod. Stepping off the plane into Dubai was like stepping into the front enterance of an arabian palace, so clean and full of water features. There wasnt that much to do in Dubai for the brief stint we were staying so we did what every tourist does....SHOP!
The shopping centre was almost twice the size of the Trafford Centre but without a primarni, although what it lacked in cheap clobber it made up for with an aquarium. This was awesome and took me back to the good old days of the Sea Life Centre in Blackpool only difference being that this one wasnt shit!
One thing I have to mention about Dubai is that fact that everyone AND I MEAN EVERYONE would ignore Jade and continually call me sir and ask how my day was...where Jade was not ammused I found it absolutely hilarious!
Flying from Dubai was interesting as when we got to check in (5 hours early for our flight) there was no one around the terminal. Instantly thinking "Score were gonna be on a quiet flight and be able to stretch out" after all the flight was at 3 in the morning... Oh how wrong I was. Making our way through to a terminal filled with families and shops it seemed to me that Dubai didnt get its money from oil but rather it gets it from a big fuck off 24/7 McDonalds and a massive Duty Free shop. Although on a side note the airport did grant me one hell of a spag bol to send me on my way BOOM.
The plane was like a double decker bus filled with kids and French teenagers, not ideal for the 7 hours of sleep I had been planning to have. One perk to this flight is that we finally discovered how to recline the seats on the plane, so now I can be one of those douche bags that reclines their seat even though there is barely enough room to pull your tray down. 
Good bye Dubai our Thai adventure begins once we land....Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment