Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Koh Tao!

The first long haul journey of Thailand and im now not so keen on the whole travelling thing. Well I love it when we get there dont get me wrong, but riding a bus for 8 hours through the night (a bus that may I add was full of pissing mosquitos who had a massive 8 course dinner on each of my legs but didnt touch any one else BITCHES!!!) and not really sleeping from paranoia after reading the 'Lonely Planet' book which said that theives operated heavily on the night busses. Was not really my ideal picture moment of fun. It just got better as the journey went on as when we arrived at the pier we had a 3 hour wait for the next ferry. Of all the things Thailand may be awesome at, creating a simple journey from one part of an island to another is not one of them. After waiting in some form of a warehouse which they claimed was an 'Internet Cafe' for three hours watching bits and bobs of 'Last of the Moheekans' whilst Jade slept the boat finally arrived and after another 2 and a half hours over the sea we arrived in Koh Tao:

RANT OVER

Now Koh Tao is a grower (no jokes please) as at first glance its not that great. We got a flier for a resort called 'Bans' which looked pretty wicked and had really stirred up a passion for diving which I reckon I shall exploit when we reach Australia. Room was alright but it was the 'Yellow Brick Road' that really brough this place to life, well this and a pool (Thats right I can now have a swim without getting covered in sand! SCORE) Anyway back to the road. Wedged between the shops and the beach it was almost perfect for everything and everyone. Building wise a huge difference than Koh Chang and people were a lot more friendly here than in KokBang! (yes I know its mis-spelt). And once I had found 'Choppers' an Australain bar (Winner) that showed nothing but Premier League football while we were there (Double Winner) I was very much settled. We didnt really utilize Tao to its full potential as we werent diving but we did indulge in a huge BBQ which unfortunately for Jade came in a sauce and luckily for me (being the carnivore I am) I was able to swap my salad and potatoe for her chicken and beef! Sunbathing/reading and the occasional chang of course followed during our two day stint here. To round off our little tour of Koh Tao we treated ourselves to another massage, only this time it was not a Thai massage but rather a back shoulder and neck massage....HEAVEN! Next step is Koh Phi Phi which is pronounced PEE PEE (Cue immature laughing) yes it still makes me laugh like when someone unintentially says "do-do" in a sentence. Any way next journey is a 15 hour journey which includes a 8 hour night boat ride...yummy... one can only imagine how thats gonna turn out!

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment