Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Koh Phi Phi (PEE PEE) :)

Well that journey was emotional to say the least! if you have ever wondered what it is like to be in a tin of sardines then ask me as I have just witnessed it first hand...I personally like how Jade continually referred to it as the slave ship from that film 'Amistad'. Read all about Jade's thoughts on this at http://jadey21-reviewcentral.blogspot.com/ Night Boat are two words that shall never follow "hey why dont we just get the" AGAIN. To put it simply it was a boat with no seats, 2 levels, A LOT of crash mats and one 'pillow' each, if ever you attempt to try this be prepared to get really comfortable spooning a stranger. Luckily for us there was a space available next to me which it appeared no one was going to occupy, so after some cat like quickness from me we stole the extra room. Although the little extra room literally was

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------> that much !

So after tying my bag to my arm and putting it under my pillow and lying on it then trying to pull my feet in as people kept standing on my feet and legs claiming that they "didnt have their sea legs yet". After all these shenanigans I simply turned to Jade and said "wake me in 8 hours".
Ahh that beautiful moment when you wake up after sleeping on a journey believing that you have arrived at your destination only to realise that you have another 7 hours of travelling to go...bollocks! In short the rest of the journey went like this:

1. JEEP TO OFFICE
2. MINIBUS TO COACH
3. COACH TO KRABI
4. JEEP TO ANOTHER OFFICE
5. JEEP TO PIER
6. FERRY TO PHI PHI

Jesus this better be worth it!

Promises of perfect beaches lined with crystal clear water and blue skies kissing a beautiful jungle landscape turned out to be a dreams as we arrived to a dull grey sky with a monsoon down poor (That caught us later on that night). After retiring to Uphill Cottage which was our base for the first two days which seemed nice enough until Jade opened the door to find a cockroach. This then meant that I had to go back out into the monsoon to try and find some cockroach killing spray, to add more fun to the evening they werent that great at English. Thank the lord that the three years I spent doing performing arts at college were gonna come in handy, as I used all of my expertise to act out all the motions from the initial spraying right down to the cockroach dying.
Give me my oscar nomination right now as he got everything and sure enough I left the shop with roach spray in hand and galloped through the front door and began to blast the cockroach with this spray (which was that strong it literally felt like it was burning my arm hair off) and yelling "Tell your friends what you saw" after the first day in Phi Phi I had waged war on all of the roaches....

So day 2 :) and sunny skies have appeared and all of the promises that had be dashed before were now reality and Phi Phi showed me her true beauty. Uphill was right around the corner from the Viewpoint trek which was absolutely breathtaking, some things you can describe amd that view is not one of them. A picture could still not even begin to help emphasise the beauty that was lying right in front of me. This was most definately worth the hike up almost vertical stairs for about 45 minutes in the blistering heat. Definate cardio workout overload! and on the way back down Jade pointed out two kittens spooning each other....not even lying this day just seemed to get better an better.
The beach was awesome and saw lots of sand crabs which kept me ammused for hours whilst jade soaked up the rays. After a diappointing end to day one our night tonite was about to be a bit mental, as we discovered the various bars that were dotted around Phi Phi and had a few drinks in all but a few of them. From laughing at middle aged men raving to Gangnam Style (Which is EVERYWHERE!!!) to watching some Thai fighting (Started off with the juniors which Jade didnt really like to see but got wicked when the adult pros got in there. Another thing before I continue is that anyone could literally get in the ring and Thai fight and at the end you got a free bucket we saw two drunken blokes do it and then two ladies. I imagine if my brother in law Justin was here we would have been in there, although he would have tried to emulate Bruce Lee a little bit too much haha. After the Thai fighting we then descended onto the beach where both Slinky's and Woody's were both absolutely booming, we drank a little and raved a lot which resulted in fire limbo/ Jade getting a UV arm tattoo and me having a huge wooden bench land on my shin (Not gonna lie the bruise is HUGE) WHAT A NIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment